Hello and welcome again to Equity, a podcast about the enterprise of startups, the place we unpack the numbers and nuance behind the headlines.
This is our Wednesday present, the place we area of interest right down to a single particular person, take into consideration their work and unpack the relaxation. This week, Natasha interviewed Roger Lee, an entrepreneur who’s spent the higher a part of a decade constructing instruments for workers and employers alike. Lee is the creator of Layoffs.FYI and co-founder of Comprehensive and Human Interest.
Here’s what we received into:
- Roger’s introduction to entrepreneurship throughout the dot-com bubble
- How the pandemic de-stigmatized layoffs
- How Comprehensive — described as the inverse of Layoffs.FYI — helps workers level-up
- The significance of crowdsourcing and to monetize, or to not monetize…transparency
- We ended, as typical, with a lightning spherical and discovered the place Lee’s profession may have gone if he didn’t take the founder path (trace: it’s not VC)
Equity drops at 10:00 a.m. PT each Monday and at 7:00 a.m. PT on Wednesdays and Fridays, so subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the casts. TechCrunch additionally has a great show on crypto, a show that interviews founders, one which details how our stories come together and extra!